tv aerial
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stronach
Tradesman
Tradesman

tv aerial

by stronach » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:08 pm

Doesn't seem to be many tv related queries in this section but hope someone can help. I am planning to put a small lcd tv in our kitchen, I was going to run an aerial lead off the aerial in my loft which serves the tv in my daughters bedroom, she gets a good picture off this aerial using a freeview box. The tv in our lounge is connected to an outside wall mounted aerial. If I connect the proposed kitchen tv to the loft aerial with a splitter connector will the signal quality be reduced to both tv's or will it not be affected.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

by TheDoctor4 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Hi

Have you had a look at the DIY projects. There is one relating to Tv arials and coaxial cables: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm. Alternatively you may want to try posting in the Home Automation & Cinema forum: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=190 If you receive no answers in this forum

Regards

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:04 pm

If you use just a simple "Y" splitter, the signal to each television will be halved. If you are in a strong signal area with a good ariel, then the signal may still be sufficient to supply both sets. Having said that, the Freeview broadcasts require a strong signal, so this may not work - try it.

If this fails, and you don't want to fit another ariel, use a amplifier / splitter installed in the loft. The downside here is they require a power supply.

stronach
Tradesman
Tradesman

tv aerial

by stronach » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:18 pm

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.
stronach

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:57 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:26 am