Two Radiators in Gas Combi Boiler System Luke Warm?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Felop
Labourer
Labourer

Two Radiators in Gas Combi Boiler System Luke Warm?

by Felop » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:19 am

Hi. I have just moved house and had a gas combi boiler installed to replace the old oil boiler. It is now a sealed system and the boiler has been moved from the garage to the roofspace. There is two radiators down stairs which only seem to get Luke warm at best. These are the only two radiators in the house which have trv valves. The pin is not stuck in either valve and I have taken both rads off and blasted them with a hose and barley any dirt came out. I have also shut all the radiators off upstairs and it only mildly improves the heat coming through. In one radiator the pipe coming to the trv is freezing and the lock shield side is hot. In the other both pipes Are hot. I am lost as to what to do next

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Two Radiators in Gas Combi Boiler System Luke Warm?

by proptech » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi Felop
Moving a boiler from a garage to a roof space is a complete redesign of the system. If this has not been done correctly, it would explain your problem.
You indicate that this work has only recently been carried out, so your first course of action would be to contact the installers, and get them to correct it.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1