Underfloor heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Zeebra3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Underfloor heating

by Zeebra3 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:22 pm

I am in the middle of a self build and am just contemplating the heating. I would like to install underfloor heating and the cost has worked out quite reasonable however I cannot get my head around the fact that the heating will operate at approx. 50 - 60 degrees, my wife likes it warm but I do not think this will be warm enough for her and I do not want to retrofit radiators later, will underfloor heating feel warm enough?

Regards
Zeebra3

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

by collectors » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:25 am

I would imagine a lot of factors come into this equation. IE: wood floors or concrete.
Only a personal view, but wouldn't have it in my house. We have done the control wiring for a few underfloor systems & haven't heard one good thing about them as yet from customers. Many systems have to be left running 24/7 in the autumn & winter months and have what is known as night set back temperature control. The reason for this is that the system would take age's to warm up if fired up from cold. If a ground source heat pump is fitted, this will certainly help. But this is then another large cost on the installation price.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1