Unknown pipe
Drainage pipes, concrete, footings and foundations. Post your questions and find answers here

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fuzzyveggy
Labourer
Labourer

Unknown pipe

Post by fuzzyveggy » Sun May 03, 2009 9:55 am

I have planning permission to extend my single garage into a double. When I started to dig out the footings I came across a 10" clay pipe about 1 foot down. I have enquired with the local water and sewage authorities and looked at their plans but everyone denies any knowledge of it. From the direction it runs it seems to link in with the storm water drains but that is just an educated guess.

Unfortunately it runs tight alongside the wall I wish to extend from of my existing garage. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to deal with it?

Thanks.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Sun May 03, 2009 5:45 pm

fuzzyveggy,
If it's only 1ft down keep digging and find out where it goes.
end

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Sun May 03, 2009 6:49 pm

Yes don't even consider removing it until you've identified what it is and whether it has anything flowng through it. It doesn't matter that it doesn't show on their plans. That doesn't mean it doesn't belong to them.

Ask your local friendly building inspector for his advice because if you buold over it, around it, dig it up or whatever it's HIM you have to convince at the end of the day.

Cheers.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:53 pm