unlevelground for fencing
Topics ranging from metal fencing, wooden fencing and concrete fencing to name just a few. find answers and post your questions here

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bigproject
Labourer
Labourer

unlevelground for fencing

Post by bigproject » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:45 pm

Hi i have roughly a 12 foot width with about a 2 feet drop, i would prefer to use all wooden fencing without any concrete gravel boards. How do i cater for the drop? by adjusting the depth of the panels?

biggles111
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by biggles111 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:35 pm

If you intend to use panels then you will have to bury them to achieve a level . You need to set the leading edge down into the ground with the trailing edge remaining at ground level.
Beware-Your panels will rot away very quickly as they are not designed for sub soil instalation.
I would recommend that you install posts, triple rail running at the same slope as your land, and verticle slats (Palisade) also following the fall in your land.
Leave a gap of 20 to 40 mm at base of first slat then pin a string line from it to a loosely fitted -(in case you need to rip the last board to size later)- board at the opposite end of the fence line. use this line to set the height of the rest of your boards. You can now build a closed board or slatted fence that follows the slope and will not rot away. Good Luck

bigproject
Labourer
Labourer

Post by bigproject » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:09 am

Thanks for your reply i agree with you about the panels rotting. and that posts will be far more practical. once again thanks

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:34 am