Unusual light switch

Postby bcsmith » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:28 pm

I am trying to check out a fault in a lighting circuit. The existing (double) switch is unusual: the 2 rockers fill the whole of the front face so the usual pair of screws are missing and there is no other obvious means of removing the switch body from the box. Any suggestions please.
Thanks
bcsmith
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby BLAKEY1963 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:48 pm

[quote="bcsmith"]I am trying to check out a fault in a lighting circuit. The existing (double) switch is unusual: the 2 rockers fill the whole of the front face so the usual pair of screws are missing and there is no other obvious means of removing the switch body from the box. Any suggestions please.
Thanks[/quote]

BCSMITH
DOES THE RIM AROUND THE SWITCHES CLIP OFF TO REVEAL
SMALL SIDE SCREWS . TO UNSCREW SWICHES ?
ISOLATE SUPPLY , IF U MANAGE TO STRIP DOWN.

BLAKEY1963
BLAKEY1963
Progress to next rank:
31.6%

Postby bcsmith » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:14 am

Thank Blakey1963.
I guessed that the answer lay under the rim or under the rockers: but neither seemed to want to move and hate to smash anything unecessarily. With your suggestion tried harder on the rim then discovered that the rockers themselves would prize off. Loose wire now sorted: thanks.
bcsmith
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!