Upstairs damp patches and condensation

Postby Cosimo » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:35 pm

Hi hope you can help ..

I live in a victorian semi detached house and have quite a problem with condensation. I have put this down mainly to the fact the to the front of the house I have large old single glazed windows. These are the only single glazed windows I have and also the only ones that have condensation on them. My first question is I am about to have these windows replaced with double glazed units - will this solve my condesation problem? Also the problem is much worse on the upstairs window than on the downstairs one. Also in the upstairs room which has the single glazed window I do have occasional damp patches which only usually occur if the wall is covered, so am I correct to assume this is also condensation?

I also have a problem in the upstairs room at the back of the house which has a double glazed window - this window never has condensation on it and also the room has an air vent so it does have good air circulation. However in the room I do have a problem with damp on the rear wall. Looking outside you can see through the external render (ie I can see the outline of the mortar on the breeze blocks) so I am wondering if this is the problem and the water is coming from there. Is that possible and what would be the solution.
Sorry for the long first post and thanks to anyone who can offer me any advise.
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:24 pm


Simply Build It

Postby dcmoore » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:13 pm

Take a look at any one of our damp projects and ring the phone number for Property Repair Systems. They give free, no obligation advice and we recommend them. They will tell you what you need to do (if anything) and will also be able to supply you with anything you need to do it with but will certainly not try to sell you anything you don't need
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:02 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics