Upvc window too short
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rastanking
Tradesman
Tradesman

Upvc window too short

Post by Rastanking » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:06 am

Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is in the right forum but here goes.

I recently bought a upvc window and due to a brain fart ordered it 10cm too narrow.

Is the situation retrievable or is it a new window?

Any help would be appreciated

DUDE DIY
Ganger
Ganger

Post by DUDE DIY » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:28 pm

Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is in the right forum but here goes.

I recently bought a upvc window and due to a brain fart ordered it 10cm too narrow.

Is the situation retrievable or is it a new window?

Any help would be appreciated

Hey, i wouldnt think this was a huge problem. Depends on what type of finish you want from the outside of your windows. If the new window is for a side window which doesnt sit next to other windows on your property it might not look that odd. A possible soloution would be to fit wooden battons 5 cm each side to the window opening, then fix your window to the battons. You could then cover the battons in PVC trim or even just simply paint them to match the window. Obviously seal in the window with silicone as well.....hope this helps. Let me know how you get on.

bd3cc
Foreman
Foreman

Post by bd3cc » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:56 pm

Upvc window fitters carry a range of gap fillers which are siliconed into place to cover up mistakes by their surveyors.

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:37 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:50 pm