Urgent Advice Use of Foil Instead of White uPVC in Triple Glazing?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Maikeru
Labourer
Labourer

Urgent Advice Use of Foil Instead of White uPVC in Triple Glazing?

Post by Maikeru » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:49 pm

I have been sent the specification below for 6 triple glazed windows I'm getting installed on Friday. I was wondering if any knowledgeable people on here could cast a quick eye of the below as we're forking out £5K on them.

From what I gather the 0.96 u-value on the centre pane is pretty good; however I am a bit concerned about what they are telling me in regards to the frame they have produced - they are doing it in foil instead of white upvc (I understand it's because I need the frames to be black under the lease conditions of the block of townhouses I live in). The sales manager said on the phone that he reckoned the foil frame will be between 1.25 and 1.35 u-value, but because such frames haven't been tested before he cannot say for sure.

I just want to be sure that these are good quality triple glazed windows that will do a good job at heat retention and contribute towards a higher EPC score for my house.

If anyone has any thoughts as to whether any of the below sounds out of place I'd be most grateful - the installation is due to take place this Wednesday. Thanks very much indeed in advance.

Glass Specification:

Low Iron Glass Correct
Warmedge Spacer Bar - Correct
Argon Gas (90%) - Correct
Low emissivity soft coat TOUGHENED middle pane - Correct
Low emissivity soft coat glass - Correct

Hardware:

Heavy duty side hung hinge will be fitted to all side hung sashes - (This heavy duty hinge is an approved egress and easy clean hinge as per the current hardware but it does not come with dog bolts. Correct but with rear hinge defenders.)
Top hung sashes are not affected as the current hinge will cope with the extra weight - Correct

Performance:

Triple glazed Sealed Unit U Value = Centre pane U Value of 0.96 W/m2k
Tricept Window U Value = As advised we have no U Value for foiled frames; for reference our white UPVC frame is 1.1 W/m2k
WER rating = Our WER rating is A +12 for White UPVC, but as explained we have no rating for foiled products

Maikeru
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Urgent Advice Use of Foil Instead of White uPVC in Triple Glazing?

Post by Maikeru » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:35 pm

Sorry never worry, problem sorted!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:43 am