Vaillant EcoTEC 837 NO FLOW OF HOT WATER!

Postby Lectrician » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:52 pm

I drained down my rads to add another, and have refilled the system.

I put the boiler into test mode 0 (CH and DHW bleeding) instead of 6 (filling).

The rads are all working fine, and warming up, but I open the HW taps and there is just no flow at all - nothing.

I had this happen last time I drained down and re-filled, and cannot remember what I did to cure it?!?

How and why does the boiler prevent any flow to the taps?

Cheers.
Lectrician
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby sjlheating » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:31 pm

the filling on this combi is by using the same isolation valve as the cold water inlet isolation so i would guess u haven't opened the cold inlet correctly under the boiler
sjlheating
Progress to next rank:
75%

Postby sjlheating » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:34 pm

sorry ...read that back and it didnt sound to clear.!
if your boiler has an internal filling system ( as apposed to a filling loop added at installation) u have probably turned it the wrong way after filling your central heating. this isolates the cold feed to the combi..hence no hot water comes out of the taps!! thanks
sjlheating
Progress to next rank:
75%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!