Victorian coving help!
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
glynmanton
Labourer
Labourer

Victorian coving help!

Post by glynmanton » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:23 pm

I had a leek on a flat roof to my lounge. My plasterer cut away the damaged plaster and we have left it six months to keep an eye on rest of ceiling as it is so old.

He is confident of how sound the rest of the ceiling in and is happy yo skim the ceiling, thus I would not have to loose the rest of the original coving.

I will be left though with part of the room with no coving. I cannot seem to find a suitable coving to replace.

Can a new one be molded from the old one? Is this a job that could be handled by the amuture? or would it be better for me to to replace whole ceiling now anyway?

Any assistance would be great!

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:58 am

Hi glynmanton,
Plenty of websites dealing with victorian and specilised covings and mouldings.
If you are considering taking a cast of original it needs to be done by experts.
The question asked about replacing all is something you should decide, original feature always nice to have if you like that sort of thing and normally adds value to property.
Check the internet do some phone calls, add up pros and cons, see what makes sense.
But you are not asking the imposible but it may cost plenty.
sorry can't be more helpful.
But best of luck
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:58 pm