Vokera Linea 24 - How to repressurise
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
churchmouse
Labourer
Labourer

Vokera Linea 24 - How to repressurise

by churchmouse » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:00 am

Does anyone know how to repressurise a Vokera Linea 24. When I turn the filling loop down as in the instructions nothing happens. The pressure gauge is between 1/2 and 1 bar now and the water is only just warm. Could this be because the pressure is too low?
Many thanks in advance.

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by peter the plumber » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:27 pm

I would check the pressure in the expansion vessel with a tyre pressure tester. It may need recharging and service the heat exchanger

But you need a good corgi-heating engineer to have a look at it.

churchmouse
Labourer
Labourer

by churchmouse » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:42 am

Thank you Peter for your reply. A Corgi registered engineer had a look at my boiler on Saturday morning and replaced the "thermistor" - not sure of spelling. I now have piping hot water, but on Saturday afternoon I went to put the heating on and the radiators failed to warm up. I have tried resetting it and the boiler is turning on but not firing up. Immediately rung the engineer but cant come till Monday. Forgot how cold a house is without central heatng.

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by peter the plumber » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:47 pm

I think you should think about a replacement.

There does seem to be a lot of people having problems with this boiler.

I am sure they’re a design faults with this one.

churchmouse
Labourer
Labourer

by churchmouse » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:33 am

The engineer came back this afternoon and took about 30 seconds to open a valve underneath towards the left of the boiler (which he said he forgot to open back up on Saturday) and boiler fired up immediately and seems to be working fine now. So hopefully I won't need a new boiler just yet. Thank goodness! :D

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:52 am