Wall Lamps! Have I messed up???
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
loonytoony
Labourer
Labourer

Wall Lamps! Have I messed up???

by loonytoony » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:22 pm

I bought the wall panel lamps from ikea to have fitted in my lounge. At the time that i was asked if the wall lights have a pull-swith beneath them, i for some stupid reason was certain they did not have them. I was at work when the elcetrician came to do the wires in the wall and put a new light switch on the adjacent wall where my old exisitng light switch was. (I am also having the lounge plastered). Turns out my wall lights which have patterned panels DO have pull switches beneath them! The electrican is coming back when the plaster is dry to fit the lights and panels on in a couple of days!

My question is will this be a problem for him? will my plaster work be disturbed if he has to change everything now? i am PANICKING!

ANY HELP APPRECIATD!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:59 pm

loonytoony,
The supply to the wall lights should be switched so an additional switch on the lights themselves won't make any difference.
end

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:09 am

Unlikely to be a problem. I have switches on my bedroom reading lamps and if switched off they are not part of two and three way switching so can't switch back on at wall. But I simply never turn them off at lamp except to change the bulb.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:02 pm