wallpapering a bathroom
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gailb
Labourer
Labourer

wallpapering a bathroom

by gailb » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Hi, I'm pretty new to the whole DIY thing having finally realised a dream and bought a house in Bulgaria that I am having renovated.
I have had the bathroom done with metro tiles and an old fashioned look and I would dearly love to paper it with Cath Kidston wallpaper. Sadly they don't do vinyl versions and all other vinyl wallpaper I've seen is really not what I'm after at all!!
Although I'm aware that it would be expensive would it be possible to paper the walls then seal it with some sort of matt varnish or other sealant to protect it from the damp?
Am I completely crazy or can my wish come true?!

paul the paint
Labourer
Labourer

by paul the paint » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:02 pm

erm... i think you're crazy, only joking but there is nothing on the market i know of that either wont discolour or leave brush or roller marks on your wallpaper.

acsimpson
Foreman
Foreman

by acsimpson » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:51 pm

I have a similar project which I hope to do sometime which will involve papering a room with maps. I've been advised that matt varnish or waterproof PVA would be the things to try although as Paul says they may not be completley clear or smooth so try a bit on a sample first to make sure you're happy with the finish.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:33 am