Warped doors
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
brownlegmonty
Labourer
Labourer

Warped doors

by brownlegmonty » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:10 am

I recently had a "log cabin" built. The construction timbers were supposedly Estonian (cold winters,slow growth ) and I have no problem there. However the door and windows are obviously of a differt scource and warping is occuring.The double doors to the south end of the building are particularly bad with possibly a 2" warp along the length.
Is it possible to straighten thi warp, or is replacement the only answer.

Ken Woodchef
Apprentice
Apprentice

Door Warping

by Ken Woodchef » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi, door warping is a tricky one, not the cause, but the solution. I take it that the frames are plumb and this is not what is exasherbating the problem?

If the frames are plumb, you can try forcing the door in the opposite direction and fixing it there for a while to counteract the warp, but this rarely works as a permanant solution, tricky on doors with glass though!

If the doors are 'newish' and appropriate for the application in which they are being used, then you may want to contact the supplier on a quality issue, but without knowing the full circumstances this is difficult to advise on any further.

Hope this helps.
Ken

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:44 pm