Water Hammer Noise After Replacing Old Toilet
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Ian73
Apprentice
Apprentice

Water Hammer Noise After Replacing Old Toilet

by Ian73 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:09 pm

I recently replaced an old toilet and my water pipes are making a racket, my inlet water pipe to the new toilet didn't line up so using copper pipe

I connected two 90 degree elbows almost together to put my pipe back online with the toilet inlet

Would this cause the noise and would fixing a flexi on to the pipe solve it ?

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Water Hammer Noise After Replacing Old Toilet

by proptech » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:40 am

Hi Ian73
Flexes have their uses, great for connecting hard to reach bath taps etc. I would never use one for a toilet though, mainly for reasons of appearance.
I suspect the problem you are having is down to the float valve supplied. You don't say if this is mains or tank water supplied. Have you fitted the correct restrictor for the pressure, there's often two or three provided.

Ian73
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Water Hammer Noise After Replacing Old Toilet

by Ian73 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:05 pm

Thanks proptech yeah i thought the same about the appearance as i'm going to gloss the pipes
when i decorate the bathroom so went for the copper pipe over flexi

I came back off holiday to my old toilet leaking so short of cash i just bought one of the cheap all in one toilets from b an q,i had to fart about with the workings inside the toilet a few times to get it working

The toilet itself is a bit noisy but nowt compared to the pipes,the pipes are quiet today....seem worse when it's windy outside ? ?

Didn't recognize the fittings in the new toilet,no overflow out pipe, and no ballcock

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:52 pm