water tank overflowing bullcock ok

Postby pufferman » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:27 pm

i have a tank in my loft wich tops up rads problem rads topping up tank with sludge and then overflowing please help someone thanks
pufferman
Progress to next rank:
15.8%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby mickcox » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:13 pm

[quote="pufferman"]i have a tank in my loft wich tops up rads problem rads topping up tank with sludge and then overflowing please help someone thanks[/quot

I had the same prob once and found it was the hot water tank heating coil that had a hole in it and was topping up the header tank the water was hot going into the tank ,i hope this helps :lol:
mickcox
Progress to next rank:
0%

Postby rosebery » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:00 pm

Is the water geting into the tank from the vent (overhanging pipe) or from the feed (bottom of tank). If the latter thats a symptom of cylinder coil problem. If its that former its pumping over. If pump on setting 3 turn it down to 2 and see what happens. Could be a blockage. Usual place is where the feed pipe joins the primary circuit.

In any event I think you need to get someone in to look at it for you.

Cheers
rosebery

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!