WC Close Coupling Kit -Are Backplates Standard Sizes?
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cicero
Apprentice
Apprentice

WC Close Coupling Kit -Are Backplates Standard Sizes?

by cicero » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:44 am

Hi, everyone

I need to replace the syphon on my close coupled WC and want to also replace the washer backplate etc.

As I can't measure anything unless I take it all apart first can anyone tell me if the backplates and so on are all a standard size please?

Many thanks.

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: WC Close Coupling Kit -Are Backplates Standard Sizes?

by proptech » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi cicero

This very day, I've spent a good few hours with exactly that problem. Mine was not standard, I'm not happy !
The parts available from DIY outlets and plumbers merchants are all about the same. It's just that there are a few toilets that just don't comply. In those cases the best you can do it to take the old parts, and have a word with a proper plumbers merchants, they should be able to sort it.
In most cases though a standard close couple kit will do the job. All I can suggest is that you take it carefully, don't rush, and, with a bit of luck, all will be OK.

cicero
Apprentice
Apprentice

by cicero » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:54 am

proptech wrote:Hi cicero

This very day, I've spent a good few hours with exactly that problem. Mine was not standard, I'm not happy !
The parts available from DIY outlets and plumbers merchants are all about the same. It's just that there are a few toilets that just don't comply. In those cases the best you can do it to take the old parts, and have a word with a proper plumbers merchants, they should be able to sort it.
In most cases though a standard close couple kit will do the job. All I can suggest is that you take it carefully, don't rush, and, with a bit of luck, all will be OK.

Hi, proptech

Thanks for that I'll probably take a chance initially and buy one and if it fits all's well but with the proviso that I can take it back and change it if not.

Also trying to work out what size syphon I need want to fit a Dudley turbo 88
as the diaphragm is easily replaceable next time around no need even to turn off the water apparently - if I can work out the size!!

Many thanks.

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

by proptech » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:19 pm

They make a very useful adjustable version if you're not sure, but it's measured from the base of the cistern to the point at which water would flow over, and into the pan. Hope that makes sense !

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:21 pm