weed killer

Postby bones » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:08 pm

any ideas....

i need a weed killere that will kill off weeds that are growing around the base of shrubs/trees without killing off the actual shrub/tree.

I need to do this on a large scale and have seen people with the large packs on their backs doing this......need to know what they use!!

Any help would be appreciated
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:39 pm


Simply Build It

Postby hevjam1 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:32 am

They use a "selective" weedkiller called Grazon 90 although there are other ones. You should not attempt to buy or use this chemical yourself as you need to have a spraying certificate and properly store the product. Too many ametuers cos too many problems. You ought to go and have a word with either a local farmer or the head gardener of a local national trust garden (or similar) about asking them to supply the required chemical and equiptment. Then either pay someone to do it or ask them to do it for some beer money.
I've been a head gardener for over 20 yrs and never minded locals asking favours.
Hope this advice is well recieved.
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:11 pm

Postby bones » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:01 pm

Cheers - advice gratefully received!!
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:39 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics