What Fixings Should I use for a Very Large Mirror onto a Brick Wall?
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
traciewhite1966
Labourer
Labourer

What Fixings Should I use for a Very Large Mirror onto a Brick Wall?

Post by traciewhite1966 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:07 am

I have a huge 4 foot x 4 foot mirror to hang on a brick wall (weighs about 20kgs). It already has fixings on the back but I am unsure as to what I should use to fix it to the wall. I've tried searching on YouTube but all I can find is American videos where the walls aren't brick. Can anybody help me please?

Buildin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: What Fixings Should I use for a Very Large Mirror onto a Brick Wall?

Post by Buildin » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:31 pm

Raw plugs and screws. They have weight ratings on them. A tip would be drill the hole .5 smaller than the packaging suggests but always start very small. To drill one hole I'll use 3 drill bits smallest working up to the required size(or .5 smaller). If you try to start with your final size you'll find that the drill bit can wander giving you a hole in slightly the wrong place. If the raw plug feels lose in the wall you can use a bit of LX tape wrapped around it to make it thicker. Get a drill with hammer action if possible or it'll ruin it.

Cheers

rwd
Labourer
Labourer

Re: What Fixings Should I use for a Very Large Mirror onto a Brick Wall?

Post by rwd » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:34 pm

For fixing heavy stuff onto a brick wall it is also possible to use Masonry Screws, Concrete Screws or Multi-Fix Bolts.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:38 am