What is this clip type called? Please ignore I have the answ

Postby Arnak » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:17 pm

Hi, ** Please ignore as I have found the answer.

I need some retaining clips in 8mm.

Unfortunately I don't know the name of the clips.

They are round with2 or 3 teeth facing inwards, something like an E clip but a full circle.

I have seen them on cars for retaining spindles or to stop something coming off a spindle.

They can be pushed on but resist moving in the other direction.

Has anyone got an idea what they are called please?


Last edited by Arnak on Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 9:55 pm


Simply Build It

Postby magic pants » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:51 am

It sounds like you mean a "self locking retaining ring",
hope that helps :)

magic pants
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:37 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics