All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cmea
Labourer
Labourer

what type of boiler to choose.

by cmea » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:09 pm

Hi
My present combi boiler has given up the ghost. I intend to fit a new boiler, but also want to take the opportunity to fit a power shower, as the previous combi would never have coped. What is the best type of system to fit? Will I be able to run a power shower off a combi? I believe that you can now get storage combi boliers (I am looking at the Valiant ecotec plus 937). Would I be able to run a power shower from this and is it the best option.
Thanks

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

by DONFRAMAC » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:43 am

I believe there is more than one brand available, which combines the use of pressurised water combi boilers, with a storage cylinder of some strength, incorporating an immersion element for emergency use. This "MEGAFLO" system, is available in the Baxi/Potterton higher-priced ranges, using stainless-steel tanks and heat-exchangers.
The boiler feed pressure is about 2 bar, so no need for a pump to get a very good shower, and the MEGAFLO tank allows more rapid bath filling than combi's mediocre performance. (the MEGAFLO tank adds £6-800 to the cost, but may be available as a "retro-fit".)

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:47 am