Where exactly to lay loft insulation
Information, help, tips and advice on cavity walls, ceilings and lofts etc....

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
AlexB
Labourer
Labourer

Where exactly to lay loft insulation

Post by AlexB » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:03 pm

Hi,

I'm currently increasing the amount of loft insulation in my roof and replacing bits where necessary. The back bedroom of my house is partly built into the loft space and the slope of the roof can be seen on either side of the room. The slope only comes down the walls by about 1 1/2 feet. When I'm in the loft I am able to insulate the flat part of the loft floor but I'm unsure whether I should be pushing any insulation down into the sloping part which basically is the part between the roof and the bedroom ceiling. I've read that the lofts need to have an airflow and that on flat loft floor area you should not push the insulation into the eaves but I can find anywhere that answers this question.

I hope my explanation makes sense. I didn't realise it would be so difficult to explain!

Thanks

Dave
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Dave » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:19 am

you need to keep cross ventilation across your roof so dont push insulation into your eaves

kathken
Labourer
Labourer

insulation

Post by kathken » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:50 pm

go to wickes diy page and click on insulation it give detailed information on this subject

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:27 pm

MANY OF THE ANSWERS TO YOUR POSTS CAN BE FOUND, WITH DIAGRAMS, IN THE DIYDOCTOR PROJECTS SECTION. CLICK HERE www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm

sorethumb
Labourer
Labourer

insulating sloping eaves

Post by sorethumb » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:06 pm

yeah, i've got the same issue. i was thinking of removing the ceiling and banging up some gyproc thermalite super -style insulated boards. that way i can lay down some rolls of fluffy stuff in the accessable flat area and still have insulation on the sloping bits, with ventilation throughout. any suggestions of where i can lay my hands on thermalite board in the south-west? and which fixings it would be best to hold it up with? would be extremely gratefully recieved.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:49 pm