where to join microbore on the manifold?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Edewakefield
Apprentice
Apprentice

where to join microbore on the manifold?

Post by Edewakefield » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:01 pm

Hello folks,

I have a question on adding a new radiator to a microbore manifold central heating system.
I have five radiators connected to the two manifolds. At the one end of the manifolds is connected 10mm microbore pipe running fours small rads upstairs. The other end of the manifolds are connected to 10mm microbore leading to a large rad downstairs.
I am connecting a medium sized radiator also located downstairs.

I was wondering if anyone could advise me of the best position on the 22mm manifold to join my extra rad? I have read that the manifolds need to be balanced when running radiators so the system can run all rads effectively at the same time.

Would connecting the new radiator to the middle of the manifolds be a wise move or does it not matter too much where I connect the rads along the manifold ?

Also as the new thermostatic radiator valve I am connecting to the new radiator is the reversable flow type, I guess it does not matter which end of the manifold pipwork is attached to which side of the rad?

Many thanks in advance for any advise or suggestions made here

Ede

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:34 pm

It doesn't matter which tail you use, connecting to the manifold with the least number of radiators connected would probably be the best bet.

Just make sure you connect one pipe to the flow manifold and one to the return.

htg

Edewakefield
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Edewakefield » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:50 am

Thanks for the advice htg, you know your stuff..

Ede

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:49 pm