All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
TheAbz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Which Combi Boiler Should I By ???

by TheAbz » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:31 pm

[i]Hi there,
This thread is just for the purpose of getting some opinions from the experienced plumbers on here.
I need to get a new combi boiler and i have no idea which one to get.
My current boiler is a Saunier Duval Thelia 23 - (are some of you cringing lol ?) - its on its last legs, the reverser valve is leaking like the economy at the mo.

I also need to replace the radiators as they are over 20 years old and not very efficient.

I would like someone to maybe recommend some boilers to me.
I have a 3 bed house, with bathroom upstairs and shower room downstairs , radiators in all the rooms except the shower room outside.

If you need any more info please ask.
i want to purchase a mid range to high end boiler.

Thank you[/i][b][/b]

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:26 pm

although there are other good makes out there, worcester bosch and baxi seem to be the flavours of the month.

worcester bosch would always be my preferred brand of boiler. i fitted a 28i greenstar junior onto my completely new heating system (rads, pipes, the lot) back in january and am very happy with it. from your description my house is comparable to yours - 3 beds and i run a total of eight radiators from it. runs like a dream, piping hot water at reasonably decent pressure and the rads get hot in no time.

worcester bosch also have a good reputation when it comes to reliability and are certainly one of the better ones when it comes to parts and servicing.

check with the plumbers merchant when ordering that your boiler of choice will cope with the demand, not that your demands sound particularly excessive.

TheAbz
Apprentice
Apprentice

by TheAbz » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:19 pm

Thanks for the reply Chris,
I have been asking around and it seems Worcester bosch and Valiant are the two names that keep cropping up all the time.

Valiant ecoTEC range has been mentioned as well as the WB greenstars that you mention below.
I suppose its a matter of finding out exactly what i need and taking it from there.
I will have a butchers at Baxi too.

How are Valiant for spares and reliability?

screech
Ganger
Ganger

by screech » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:42 am

vaillant are fantastic boilers. the build quality is second to none and parts availability is very good. i'm in the trade and recommend vaillant all day long. worcester are also good boilers.

don't always go on price, vaillant aren't cheap but as the saying goes, 'you get what you pay for' and that goes for boilers, the amount of cheap rubbish boilers i've seen and people regret them

TheAbz
Apprentice
Apprentice

by TheAbz » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:06 pm

Hi screech

i had already made the decision to go with vaillant boliers. like i said in my previous post it came up quite a lot when i asked around. only thing i need to do now is decide on which of the ecotec models i need. i have a medium to high demand for hot water.
any tips as to which model to go for any why.
also any reccomendations for radiators and TRVs would be appreciated. i need to replace 7 of the 9 rads i have.

Thanks once again

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:01 am