wireless digistat
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
brig
Labourer
Labourer

wireless digistat

Post by brig » Thu May 21, 2009 6:12 pm

Need a hand to wire this up, it is a Drayton Digistat +3 RF701 to a worceseter greenstar 37cdi combie.

This is what I see, in the combie is the terrmanals, LR LS NS N L ( the N has the blue wire in and the L has the brown wire in from the combie ) in the LR you have a yellow wire, LS a red wire and NS a blue wire, these then go to the Drayton, but are not wired yet ( the mains is switched off and the combie will not work so it is safe ) the way I look at the Drayton is, N L 1 2 3 , under the 1 is a C , under the 2 is SAT 2 (1)A and under the 3 call .

Now, I would think that the blue from the combie would go in to the N & the red would go in to the L but were dose the yellow go if used or am I a wire missing, just the other thermostat that was wireless used these 4 wires.

Many Thanks

Dave

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Sat May 23, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi,
the blue goes to N of rcvr.
the red (which should be sleeved brown) goes to L & links to 1(com), the Yellow (also sleeved brown) goes to 3(call).
no connection to 2(satisfied) term.
So effectively you will have LS (live supply) powering the receiver electronics & the switch common.
NS(neutral supply) giving a N to the rcvr. electronics.
LR(live return)coming back from rcvr 'call for heat' switch term. when stat. wants boiler on.
regards SPARX

brig
Labourer
Labourer

Post by brig » Sat May 23, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi sparx

So I need a link wire between the L & the C

Dave

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Tue May 26, 2009 7:46 pm