Wireless Roomstat Switching on and off Before Reaching Temperature?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mark.ogg
Labourer
Labourer

Wireless Roomstat Switching on and off Before Reaching Temperature?

by mark.ogg » Wed May 07, 2014 9:41 pm

my old roomstat stopped working baxi fitted terrible wireless clockwork stat swapped that for a salus wireless stat which is ok but keeps switching on and off before reaching reqired temp
had a look for any loose wires on boiler and the is a white snap in connecter witch is not connected does anyone no if this should be connected can see were it should be fitted but they conection on the pcb is 1 hole bigger than the conector on the lead so not sure to connect to left or right side
was thinking of getting the digital baxi roomstat not sure if it is compatable with my boiler or how good they are
it is a baxi duo tec 40 boiler 5 years old
thanks

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Wireless Roomstat Switching on and off Before Reaching Temperature?

by proptech » Thu May 08, 2014 9:15 am

Hi mark.ogg

the fact that the thermostat is working at all would indicate that it is wired correctly, so forget the boiler connections.
Any thermostat can only sense the temperature in it's immediate surroundings, it could be badly positioned, and near a heat source. I have to ask how you know that the room is not reaching the set temp ?

mark.ogg
Labourer
Labourer

by mark.ogg » Fri May 09, 2014 12:18 pm

On the stat it says 17 degrees
Meant to switch off at 19 degrees
The boiler switches off before stat as reached 19
On the stat the flame is showing but at the boiler end the transmitter is not light up
It seems to go for about 10 mins then have a rest then start again
Our old roomstat was wireless and never did this

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

by proptech » Sat May 10, 2014 12:46 pm

I don't think you have a problem. Look at it this way, If the thermostat turned the boiler off at 19, the radiators would be hot, and still giving heat out to the room.
The result would be overheating for a while until the temp. dropped again.
On the older non-electronic thermostats this function was performed by a tiny heating element called an anticipator. The result was exactly as you describe, but resulted in very accurate control over time, providing the thermostat was correctly positioned.
I suggest you give it enough time to even out the temp. Put a thermometer next to it, and check after an hour or so. Any problems, have a word with the manufacturers.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:45 pm