wiring a home in Italy
Thinking about moving abroad? Click here for questions, answers and issues surrounding this topic

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
clivebullock
Labourer
Labourer

wiring a home in Italy

by clivebullock » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:13 am

I have purchased a house in Italy which needs totally re-wiring.
In italy they do not have seperate wiring systems for plugs and lighting systems and it is standard practice to run a single cable from the consumer unit into junction boxes in every room and from each junction box they run cables for both plugs and lights.Personally I think this is dangerous and it does not reflect my knowledge of the uk (I presume therefore European standards) at all.I have questioned the local (fully certified) electrician whom seems to have no concept of what I am saying and almost walked out on me asking "Do I want my house wired to Italian standards or not"

It would seem that the italian standards do not comply with European standards at all and in my humble opinion would seem to be both archaic and potentially dangerous.

Does anyone have any experience in this - can I ignore the Italian standards in preference for what i presume to be more modern European
standards adopting therefore a ring main with a seperate lighting system?

rming
Labourer
Labourer

Re: wiring a home in Italy

by rming » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:56 am

Hi
I'm buying a house in Italy too. I wonder if you can tell me how much did cost for you to wiring the house and if does need a certification after is done?
Thanks
Rachel

Moderators note
clivebullock (The original poster) asked the question in 2008, so will never reply. Please check the date a post was made before you ask a question.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:54 pm