Wiring in a lighting sensor to existing outside lights.
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Gaspin
Labourer
Labourer

Wiring in a lighting sensor to existing outside lights.

by Gaspin » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:42 pm

I have recently installed 2 outside lights which are about 6ft apart and on the same circuit and I would now like to wire in a sensor, so that the lights will activate for a short while when someone approaches them. These lights are on an outbuilding and I do not need to incorporate a timing device or dusk to dawn facilitly but only need the existing manual on/off mechanism. I would like advice on what type of unit to buy, taking into account the above, and how to install it into the existing circuitory.

Thanks.

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Wiring in a lighting sensor to existing outside lights.

by BLAKEY1963 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:09 am

[quote="Gaspin"]I have recently installed 2 outside lights which are about 6ft apart and on the same circuit and I would now like to wire in a sensor, so that the lights will activate for a short while when someone approaches them. These lights are on an outbuilding and I do not need to incorporate a timing device or dusk to dawn facilitly but only need the existing manual on/off mechanism. I would like advice on what type of unit to buy, taking into account the above, and how to install it into the existing circuitory.

Thanks.[/quote]

GASPIN
RESPECT U HAVE HAD A GO BUT THIS IS IS NOTIFIABLE WORK
AND YOUR PART P SPARK SHOULD ADVISE.
READ DOC S PART P ADVICE SECTION.

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:39 am