We have recently moved into a new build house, the gagrage which is detached from the house was supposed to have electrics to it but had been forgotten by the builders. They have now wired it up for us by taking a spur from a socket in the house to the gagare which has then got a double socket then wired up to the light switch which is fused to the lighting.
My partner believes they should have put in a consumer unit before wiring to the sockets and lighting because it has not gone through the consumer unit in the house.
Please could someone tell us who is correct as this is causing a lot of aggro between parties. Should we atand our ground and insist on a consumer unit in the garage? Also should the installation be certificated as it is an addition to the original wiring?