WMS Key stuck in lock.....how can i remove it?
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Marekuk
Labourer
Labourer

WMS Key stuck in lock.....how can i remove it?

by Marekuk » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi

I accidentally snapped the key on the front door. I have a spare key, so i would just like to get the other half of the key out of the door, and unfortunately it is still stuck in the door.

It is a WMS key on a lock, and i have no experience with locks, so do not know the first place to start. All i have tried at the moment is trying to push the key out with the spare key, but that didnt work.

I would greatly appreciate any tips that would allow me to avoid calling a locksmith out. (I can insert the other half of the key in from the inside and lock the door, but cannot insert a key from the outside)

Thanks

Marekuk
Labourer
Labourer

by Marekuk » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:15 am

I have heard that using a magnet to slightly extract the key and then removing it with tweezers works.

Can anyone comment on such a method (especially the bit with the magnet)?
Thanks

mike lawrence
Labourer
Labourer

remove a broken key from lock

by mike lawrence » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:09 pm

1st remove the cylinder from the door lock usually one screw under the door keep/nib mechanism u may have to twist the barrel then with the lock out, place in a vice with the rear of the lock uppermost then if u can see the tip of the broken key knock through the lock with a fine steel pin and small hammer if u cant see the back of the lock just tap the barrel on a wooden surface and u will force the key out enough so u can remove with a pair of tweezers.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:03 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:52 am