Worcester 24i Junior RSF Combi Boiler Central Heating Problem - Boiler Cuts Out and Fault Light Flashes
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
RandomGuy
Labourer
Labourer

Worcester 24i Junior RSF Combi Boiler Central Heating Problem - Boiler Cuts Out and Fault Light Flashes

Post by RandomGuy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Hi All,
My first post, so please be gentle!
We have a Worchester 24CDi lpg combi boiler in our static caravan, which we have just bought, so don't know how old the boiler is or how long it has been faulty. Problems are as follows:

When heating is switched on the boiler ignites and heating runs for a short while then cuts out, with heating red light flashing rapidly. Reset and the boiler ignites again and runs for a short period before cutting out. The heating will stay on if reset 4 or 5 times.

Hot water will work for a short period and then go cold, with the heating red light again flashing rapidly.

Did some research and fitted a new PCB, to no effect, same problems persist.

Money is tight at the moment, so I need to repair rather than replace if possible.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Worcester 24i Junior RSF Combi Boiler Central Heating Problem - Boiler Cuts Out and Fault Light Flashes

Post by htg engineer » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:17 am

There's normally a pattern to the fault light flashing, if you can find the manufacturers instructions it'll have numerous combinations (flashes per second/minute) which should point you in the right direction.

Are the radiators or hot water getting hotter than normal? if everything is working as heating and hot water do work, it could be a faulty sensor or overheat stat.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1