Worchester Boiler Pilot Keeps Going Out
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mr crab
Labourer
Labourer

Worchester Boiler Pilot Keeps Going Out

by mr crab » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:13 am

Hi ,hoping someone can throw light on this problem.

I switched off my boiler and drained the system in order to fit a new radiator downstairs. [Worchester 25si 15years old). After i fitted the new rad i went to the boiler and refilled to 2bar. Switched on boiler, and bled all rads in the house. After about 10 mins the upstairs rads were getting warm. Then i noticed there was a flashing light on boiler for the hot water supply.

I switched on taps in bath rooms to ensure there were no airlocks in system. Boiler worked fne for about 5min then flashing again started. I noticed b
oiler had also gone up to4bar. But i had switched off filler tap? Now the pilot wont light? I drained water from a rad to get pressure down which it did.pilot still wont light. Hope someone might help.
thanks.

mr crab
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Worchester Boiler Pilot Keeps Going Out

by mr crab » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi everyone.
I had go at igniting the boiler, after I switched the boiler on I quickly went round all the rads and bled them again. I also balanced a couple. Bingo! boiler is working again. However, I cant believe this was the problem to begin with( see other post)

I would love to know if this was the problem.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1