Work Expert Power Tools - Are They Any Good?

Postby rockinsoul » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:42 pm

Hi there folks,

I was sent a groupon email today with an offer to buy a 12v 1mAh cordless hammer drill set for £15 instead of £40. The set came with a load of other bits and pieces in the case. I was wondering if anyone had used this brand before and if they are any good?

Here it is, if it's OK to post. Just wondering if it's worth getting :)

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/national-deal/gg-groupon-goods-global-gmb-h-51-101/49287252
rockinsoul
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby proptech » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:54 pm

Hi rockinsoul

I don't know any better way of putting it - At that price, it must be utter rubbish. In fact, it's impossible !
With DIY you're saving enormous amounts on labour charges, put those savings to better use with some decent tools. Have a look at some of the brands available on this site.
proptech
Progress to next rank:
71.7%

Postby rockinsoul » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:17 pm

I made a mistake, the £15 was for a vaccuum laser, the drill set was £40 reduced from £100. Misleading title on the article!
rockinsoul
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby proptech » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:16 pm

My comments remain unchanged even At £40 Don't waste your money, get something decent.
proptech
Progress to next rank:
71.7%

Postby crismartin875 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:48 am

hi rockinsoul , protech is right .
On amazon you will get this deal on £71.95 but on alibaba you will get on £24.
So DIY has good deal.
crismartin875
Progress to next rank:
21.1%

Postby Mickbc » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:04 pm

I was bought one these drills as a present by one of my children who doesn't know any better. The drill is cheaply made and you will lucky to do anything with it. The battery gives up the ghost after a few weeks ,good luck trying to get a replacement. The only reason I still own this item is the fact that my child bought it!. If you want cheap, reasonable tools then try Bosch , Black & Decker etc at last they have back up. Don't buy these tools just a waste of money. Your do more good donating the purchase price to your favourite charity.
Mickbc
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!