1" Threaded Male to 22mm Connector
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
malnch
Labourer
Labourer

1" Threaded Male to 22mm Connector

by malnch » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:39 am

Need to connect the water to a portable toilet block, the connector in place is 1" male thread, I need to connect 22mm push fit pipe, sounds easy? It probably is but I'm struggling.
I'm using one of these :

But I can't stop it leaking from the 1" end, I've used loads of tape, what am I doing wrong? Is there a better fitting I can use (I've searched but can't find anything)?

KitchenGuy
Ganger
Ganger

Re: 1" Threaded Male to 22mm Connector

by KitchenGuy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:39 pm

Looks the right fitting to me. If the thread is bottoming on the thread before it is tight in position ' ie. you can't see any exposed male thread when the fitting is tight, you know something is going wrong and you need to re- think.Make sure you wind on the tape clockwise so it doesn't wind off as you are threading on the fitting. Also it maybe a dud fitting with a dodgy thread, does happen occasionally or the male thread is too short. When you say plenty of tape, I would be putting around 20 to 25 turns of tape on that.

malnch
Labourer
Labourer

Re: 1" Threaded Male to 22mm Connector

by malnch » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:49 am

HI,
Thanks for the reply.
All sorted now, on closer inspection of the connector there was a hairline crack all the way down the thread. 20 turns of tape on the new one and no leaks.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:16 pm