2 qs - Emulsion on Wooden Furniture, and a Victorian Fireplace
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
VanessaP
Labourer
Labourer

2 qs - Emulsion on Wooden Furniture, and a Victorian Fireplace

by VanessaP » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:11 pm

Hi! My first post. So I have 2 jobs on my to-do list. I have this wooden telephone seat that I'd like to paint the same as my feature wall. I've read consistently - to sand, prime, and apply 2 emulsion coats, BUT I'm struggling to find any consistency on what to finish it with. All the chalk paint finishes say for use with their paint (and I can't colour match to any of the chalk paints on the market). Also perhaps a silly q, but do I use a roller or brush?
Second q - I have an old victorian fireplace (presumably cast iron). I never intend to use it. It's in a bedroom. However, I'd like to repaint it black, and the wooden surrounding frame too. Is there any paint on the market that is suitable for both? And do I need to prep the fireplace? Thanks in advance all :)

HayseyDesigns
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: 2 qs - Emulsion on Wooden Furniture, and a Victorian Fireplace

by HayseyDesigns » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:02 am

Hiya,

I highly recommend mineral paint, such as fusion, it doesn't need much prep before hand, if you get some of the ultra grip it will adhere to any surface, is much harder wearing than chalk paint and easy to apply. You don't need to use a roller, that just depends on the paint. Sponge rollers are nice smooth applications, which I would recommend for large areas. Do your cutting in (edges) first.
Good luck! Sounds like a lovely project!

VanessaP
Labourer
Labourer

Re: 2 qs - Emulsion on Wooden Furniture, and a Victorian Fireplace

by VanessaP » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:53 am

Hi. Sorry what advice is this for - the furniture or the fireplace? TIA

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:59 am