Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Ossaman
Apprentice
Apprentice

4" Clay pipe to WC

Post by Ossaman » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:26 pm

Hi there,

I am trying to connect up the soil pipe on a new WC. I have ground off the collar of the 4" clay soil pipe level with the wooden floor, but however hard I twist or push, I can't get the finned end of the flexible connector (from B&Q) into the clay pipe (almost but not quite). Before realising I had an 'offset' problem, I had tried pushing in a screwfix standard rt angle connector with the black fins, and couldn't get that past the first fin either! Any suggestions, please, would be very welcome.

Thanks.

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Steve the gas » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:07 am

Hi,

Take exact measurements and go to a good plumbers merchant - they will sort you out.

Hth

thedrainman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by thedrainman » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:19 am

Try grease or washing up liquid, they do go in but sometimes need a bit of help.

Mark The Drainman

Ossaman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Ossaman » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:47 pm

Thanks Steve & Mark - I have since ground all the barnicles off the bore of the clay pipe near the end & that improved matters. Grease did help, but the stupid flexible connector kept popping out the the clay pipe when I tried to attach the other end! I think the spigot end with the fins on was too short & didn't go far enough into the pipe to get a grip.

Anyway, I ditched the flexible job, & went & got another rt angle connector with a longer leg on it + a short offset connector & it seems to have gone together ok. A much more rigid job.

Thanks again for your advice.

Geo

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:16 pm