DIY Doctor

Main navigation

additional ventillation inlet/outlet for kitchen gas fire

Postby Roy Fidler » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:02 pm

hi anyone know the regulations regarding the above? Need to install ventillation inlet/outlet in the wall in addition to existing chimney flue. What size outlet and grill aperture holes dimensions? Regards roy fidler
Roy Fidler
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:41 pm


Simply Build It

Postby Perry525 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:43 pm

The simple answer is probably a 16 square inch grill but, the provision of such a large hole, will negate the whole purpose of heating the room, it will be a wildly extravagant proposal.
If this is not a balanced flue fire, then the most economical way to heat the room is to install a radiant electric fire that requires no ventilation.
A radiant fire will deliver 100% heat exactly where its required and exactly when. Heat up is instant and cooling down if the sun shines into the room is also instant.
Rank: Site Agent
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 734
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:35 pm

Postby TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:59 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!
Posts: 1381
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics