Advice on Insulating Roof of New Block Gym Building in Back Garden
Information, help, tips and advice on cavity walls, ceilings and lofts etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MikeWakelyn
Labourer
Labourer

Advice on Insulating Roof of New Block Gym Building in Back Garden

by MikeWakelyn » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:35 pm

Hi,

This is my first project and I am on a steep learning curve so please be gentle!

I have recently built a gym in my back garden with corrugated roof sheets. My plan is to stud out, plasterboard and insulate the three external walls. I was planning on doing the ceiling too but i have some concerns about how to do it in a way that will eliminate the possibility of condensation collecting and seeping back through the roof boards.

My plan was basically to stuff the insulation in between the rafters and board over the top, making sure not to leave any air pockets for moisture to collect.

Could someone please offer any advice on whether this will be sufficient or not? Or indeed if there are any other better roofing/insulation solutions.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

diydoctor6
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Advice on Insulating Roof of New Block Gym Building in Back Garden

by diydoctor6 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:33 am

I would use slab insulation or insulation batts (Celotex or Polystyrene will do). Push and fix these up against the corrugated roof sheets between the joists.

Any condensation should run down the roof slope and away not causing any issues.

We've got lots of information about building sheds here is this is any help: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/diy-how-to- ... ilding.htm

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:21 pm