DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Advice on lintels for 2 storey timber frame extension. What type of lintels do I require?

Postby davemac » Tue May 15, 2007 9:02 am

Hi, I am currently planning a 2 storey timber frame extension and I require some advice on lintels. What type of lintels do I require for above the windows (1800mm & 1200mm wide)? I have been told class C concrete ones, I presume that is for the external blockwork.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 8:53 am

Postby thedoctor » Tue May 15, 2007 10:29 am

This will be stipulated on your building regulation plans.
Posts: 2525
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Postby TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:10 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!
Posts: 1381
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics