Advice please for Re-leveling a garage floor.
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
halfeatenyorkie
Labourer
Labourer

Advice please for Re-leveling a garage floor.

by halfeatenyorkie » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Hi, I need to level my garage floor. It's an old concrete garage on a concrete slab, 6m long by 2.5m wide. Over the years it's settled towards the back and now when it rains water collects at the back. It's used for storage so standing water is a problem now. To get the floor level I need to add 75mm at the back which will give me a 12mm lip at the front to try and stop water ingress from the drive. In total I'm looking at about 1 cubic meter which I'm hoping to mix on site with a borrowed mixer. Would I be better to use a concrete mix with 10mm gravel or just use a sharp sand and cement screed or a bit of both? How many bags of cement/gravel/sharp sand would I need? If possible I'd prefer to use big bags rather than 25Kg ones for sand/gravel. There are no oil/grease stains on the current floor which is smooth and unbroken.
Thanks.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:55 pm

halfeatenyorkie,
Use a strong sharp sand/cement mix (not mastercrete) wet the floor before laying the screed.
You'll need about 10x25kg bags of cement per cubic metre of sand.
end

halfeatenyorkie
Labourer
Labourer

by halfeatenyorkie » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Thanks Stoenyboy, much appreciated.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:49 pm

Discover how easy it is to find vetted and insured tradesman local to your area with the help of DIY Doctor. Visit our Find a Tradesman area: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:55 pm