Advice Regarding Standard of Finish new PVC Windows
information and advice on general building topics, builders merchants, problem builders, DIY Stores etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
New homeowner
Labourer
Labourer

Advice Regarding Standard of Finish new PVC Windows

by New homeowner » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:26 pm

Could someone advise me what standard of finish I should expect from new windows being installed. I paid £2.5k for 5 new windows to be fitted on Tuesday. The fitters are coming back this afternoon as I've asked them to come and clean up some bits. The filler below the new window boards is really lumpy and uneven.. We wouldn't be able to touch up paint over it. Also in one of the bedrooms the plaster under the window has blown and cracked ( I assume from where they used a hammer to remove the old window board) is it reasonable to expect them to remove the damaged plaster and replaster this area? And should the repaint the area after? It was a newly painted wall in my sons nursery. As a young new home owner I'm not sure what I should be asking from them.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Advice Regarding Standard of Finish new PVC Windows

by welsh brickie » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:34 pm

the fitters should be clean and leave no damage, If the plaster is cracked then they should repair it. After all, your paying for it

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:08 pm