AEG Integrated Oven - trips mains box
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tm_Hems
Labourer
Labourer

AEG Integrated Oven - trips mains box

Post by tm_Hems » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:37 pm

Our integrated oven has tripped the house mains box. When I reset it the oven has power but the main oven does not work. No heat light indicator, no oven light but fan is working, top oven works ok. What is the usual cause? Oven was on high heat setting (250) when it blew.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:59 pm

Knowing exactly what you mean by "tripped the house mains box" will help narrow the possibilites. Do you mean an overcurrent mcb, the earth leakage RCD or both??

As you have no heat light or oven light it suggests there is an internal wiring fault. Inspection is really the only sure answer.

tm_Hems
Labourer
Labourer

Post by tm_Hems » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:44 am

Just to add, the fan in the main oven does not function either now. Is it likely to be the heat element that has blown?

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:31 am

A blown element would not prevent the light and fan from working. As another fault has occurred, it appears to be getting worse. Albeit very small this type of fault could cause an increased risk of shock or fire, it would be wise I think to stop using the oven until the fault has been identified.

tm_Hems
Labourer
Labourer

Post by tm_Hems » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:37 pm

plumbbob

thanks for the responses. Think I will heed your advice and get someone out. I am certainly not qualified enough to tinker with it. Cheers.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:01 am