AEG washing machine keeps tripping the circuit
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jround
Labourer
Labourer

AEG washing machine keeps tripping the circuit

by jround » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:30 pm

Our trusted machine may have finally given up the ghost - after 10 long years of good service - but just thought I'd check that I am not giving up too soon!

I set a wash going this morning, it got started, filled up, and a few mins later, tripped the electrical circuit. Went to re-set this at the fusebox, and it persistently trips.

Have isolated it down to the washer, the plug also seems fine. Every time we turn it on, it trips again.

Any miracle quick fix I wouldn't know about????

Any tips much appreciated, thanks

jamie921
Labourer
Labourer

by jamie921 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi did you solve the problem??,if so how??, my AEG appears to be tripping out the RCD breaker, just started today.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:38 pm

Before you go blaming the washer entirely check that there are no loose wires in the sockets on the circuit its plugged into. Turn the volts off first though. <big grin>

Cheers

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

local help

by TheDoctor4 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:37 pm

If you would like to find a reliable, insured and vetted tradesman in your area why not click through to the Find a Tradesman area of DIY Doctor: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/ , complete the form and receive up to 5 FREE quotes

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:53 pm

Dust will harbour moisture which in turn can cause enough leakage to trip out the power. Sometimes a good clean inside will cure the problem but there are a lot of exposed wires and even when ensuring the power is off it is very easy to knock off a wire so would be better done by a repair man.
The element is also easy to fail and once it has failed can trip the RCD with a neutral earth fault again it would really need a repair man to change it. Washing machines are not easy to work with and you have to consider at 10 years old if it is worth spending money on. I think I would go for a new one?

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 7:45 pm