DIY Doctor

Alternative to Kingspan Type Insulation to Prevent Headroom Loss?

Postby jemleeds » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:26 pm

Hi I am converting my loft into a bedroom and need to insulate the roof space building regs say I need 125mm of kingspan type insulation. My Question is is there anything i can buy which less thick so i dont looseso much space but will satisfy biulding regs cheers jem
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:07 pm


Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:31 pm

usually the insulation fits in between the rafters, so no headroom is lost ,but you could have it sprayfoamed, or use triso super 10, this will have to be approved by the building inspector first though
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2612
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics