DIY Doctor

anchoring wood panels to wall

Postby LES EATON » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:35 pm

I have designed the interior of fitted wardrobes that I am planning to build. The interior includes 3 'side panels' fitted at right angles to the wall which are to be used to break the full width of the space into sections. To anchor these 3 panels to the wall, I am hoping to get three 7 to 8 foot metal strips (in a square shape but with one side missing) so that I can bolt these strips to the wall and then slide the panels into the metal strip.
Does anyone know where I can get these strips, or what they are called.
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:12 pm


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby warmstrong » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:04 am

I suspect you are thinking of channel. Google here:-

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:02 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics