Another woodchip query regarding plasterboard
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
saljia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Another woodchip query regarding plasterboard

by saljia » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:54 am

Hi, over the years I have stripped the Devil's wallpaper in different houses with no real problem (PVA & water). Am currently stripping a room which has emulsion over woodchip. No big deal normally, but I don't think this house has had it's walls stripped back for decades, the wall I stripped was previously done with a jackhammer from the looks of it. The problem is, the external walls have been boarded over with I'm guessing plasterboard but may be something else, it actually bends when I press on it! So, if I use PVA to remove the w/chip will a steam stripper do major damage to the boards behind? Arthritic hands mean I have to use steamer. I know of Wall Doctor Woodchip cover but not met anyone who has used it, I can't afford a plasterer and may not stay here as it's becoming a moneypit but this room needs to be finished. Any ideas please?
Also, I recently papered over old wallpaper for the first time ever simply because having spent 3 days stripping one wall in the hall I could face doing the other, the problem there was that a previous owner had varnished over wallpaper at some time.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Another woodchip query regarding plasterboard

by stoneyboy » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:47 pm

Hi saljia,
How about overboards the wall with taper edge plasterboard, you will then only have to tape and fill the joins before decorating.
Regards S

saljia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Another woodchip query regarding plasterboard

by saljia » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:28 pm

Thank you, that's a good idea, I might have to put a few screws in where the other boards are but that's no big deal.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:18 am