Atlas Corner Shower Leaking in Two Corners
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
tgreensl
Labourer
Labourer

Atlas Corner Shower Leaking in Two Corners

Post by tgreensl » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:51 pm

In our bathroom we have an Atlas corner shower from Bathstore. It's been in place for at least ten years and has worn well. There's just one problem, continual leaks form the two outside corners. We have a Mira shower tray with the small upstand, the shower was completely professionally refitted with new tiles just three months ago due to these leaks that just kept returning after a while once I'd cleaned and resealed the unit. All was well until a week ago and I spotted first one corner was leaking again and then the other one. The water comes down the back of the shower tray, it doesn't start immediately you shower but after a couple of minutes there are continual drips. When first installed years ago we had external leak issues and bathstore advise me to remove the sealant that was on the inner face of the fixed glass panel at the bottom as they said it is designed to shed water that gets into the metal frame through there, I did that and it was OK for a while and then guess what! The latest re-installation had sealant in the same place, I took it off and the leaks if anything are worse, any ideas anyone?

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:13 am