back boiler no heating,please help.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
armytouch
Ganger
Ganger

back boiler no heating,please help.

Post by armytouch » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:27 pm

Hi, i am looking for some advice. We have a gas fired back boiler. The hot water running fine through emmersoin heater however we not getting any heating to radiators, have checked pump and divertor valves and they seem to be working fine. The inlet and outlet pipes from pump are completely cold,the gas fire working the programmer and thermostat ok these activate the pump. Can you explain how the back boiler system works and any reasons why the water not heating to surply heating.
thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:11 pm

You haven't said if the boiler fires up ?
Is the pilot lit ?

If the pilot is on, is there power to the gas valve ? if so then it's the solenoid at fault.

Htg

armytouch
Ganger
Ganger

thanks more help needed

Post by armytouch » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:05 am

Thanks for help, just got a combi boiler and going to fit the boiler and fit water and central heating pipework then get Corgi guy to fit gas supply and service. The old system is a back boiler which is u/s. I need to move all the pipework from a cupboard in the bathroom to a bedroom cupboard which is on outside wall, apart from the gas pipework are all other pipes needed for boiler in the cylinder cupboard?
can i just disconnect central heating pipes and pump from back boiler and leave the rest in place ?
thanks

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:14 pm

Armytouch. I can't help but notice the number of queries you have posted requesting help with different boilers. According to what you have said in the past, you have a Halstead ace, a Worcester 24i as well as a back boiler. Now you are going to fit a new combi.

I do hope there is some logical explanation for this because, this is a DIY forum designed to help householders, and is not here to help cowboy installers pick the brains of experienced tradespeople. Clearly, you have limited knowledge of plumbing and heating, and if you are attempting to trade as an heating engineer, you should stop now before there is an accident or someone is injured.

armytouch
Ganger
Ganger

Plumbob dont summise anything

Post by armytouch » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi i am not sure what you are saying however if you read my posts then you will see that the boilers i am attempting to get information on behalf of other people, my son, my mam and my sister the last thing i am trying to be is a heating engineer which i clearly state, i did state that i wouldnt touch anything to do with the gas, i dont think there is anything illegal about me or anyone else attempting plumbing work in my own property. If you not willing to give advice then fair enough but dont summise things that you are unsure of just dont bother sending reply.
I genuinely come on this site for tips and trouble shooting ideas and have been given great advice which has helped me and other members of my family find and even repair simple faults and for you to even suggest i am trying to do heating work as a trade is discussing. Thanks for all who have given me genuine advice, all the best.

armytouch
Ganger
Ganger

Pilot light

Post by armytouch » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:39 pm

Hi the pilot light is on,and when you activate thermo you can hear clicking from fire........

AdamsHeating
Ganger
Ganger

Post by AdamsHeating » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:08 pm

plumbob, your post is the single greatest thing I have ever read and I went to uni so I've read a lot.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1