Bad boiler installation - small claims court advice
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SammieJ
Labourer
Labourer

Bad boiler installation - small claims court advice

by SammieJ » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi there,

I had a new Glowworm Flexicom 24CX combi boiler fitted by British Gas in June 2009. I've had nothing but problems with it since the botched installation. I've even gone to extra expense to rectify a problem which was nothing to do with the boiler issues, but that British Gas had told me was causing one of the issues and I'd need to get a plumber to fix. I've had upwards of 10 engineer visits, numerous phonecalls and emails and have had to take a lot of time off work to be there for engineer visits. It's been awful, very stressful. Does anyone have any advice on or experience of taking British Gas to the small claims court to get compensation for a faulty installation? I've tried going back to the manufacturer but they will only come out when instructed to do so via British Gas - I've managed to get them out once. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:18 am

"I've tried going back to the manufacturer but they will only come out when instructed to do so via British Gas"

Rubbish If the boiler has been registered and is under warranty, then you can call them out.

Is the problem with the boiler though ? if it's the installation at fault you may be charged for the call-out. If it's the boiler at fault - I'd be asking for it to be replaced.

You have given BG plenty opportunities to rectify the problem, I would write a letter explaining the issues, if they cannot/do not repair I would go to consumer direct and see if they can help.

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy

htg

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:03 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:36 pm